- A Year to Look Forward To
- Another Year to improve Social Mobility in West Somerset
- Fifth year of Opportunity Area programme to benefit thousands more young people
- Work underway to prepare College Farm
- Transition Phase for WSOA
The West Somerset Opportunity Area was launched by the government to raise education standards locally, providing every child and young person with the chance to reach their full potential.
The programme is focused on improving early years education, improving outcomes at primary and secondary school, and helping young people find a good job.
From a child’s early years to their post-16 learning, outcomes for disadvantaged children and young people in West Somerset are well below the national average.
Through working in partnership with local organisations, businesses, schools, nurseries and colleges, we aim to overcome these challenges – providing everyone with the chance to go as far as their talents and hard work will take them.
Sign up today for regular updates on the programme are provided through the Opportunity Area newsletter